Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Carnivore Speaks Up

I am a hardened carnivore and proud of it. My system goes into deep shock if it does not get its daily quota of meat. This is why I take umbrage when vegetarians run around trying to get the rest of us to stop using animals for dietary purposes. I am sick and fed up of people trying to persuade me to stop being cruel to animals and start eating rabbit food. It is about time we carnivores defended our rights!
Apparently animals suffer when we insist on their presence at our dinner table. I suppose that is true as far as it goes. But don’t plants, as living things suffer as well? The argument is that plants don’t have a central nervous system and therefore it is not the same for them. Please! That argument is so full of holes it is liable to sink faster than the Titanic. I doubt it is a pleasurable experience to be cooked or eaten raw. If plants had mouths, I am sure they would have screamed bloody murder! Soon, there will be a bunch of fanatics lecturing us on the evils of eating plants or animals and prescribing a diet of love and fresh air. Perhaps that will not be a bad thing… we will all get that supermodel body which is the rage nowadays before succumbing to death by starvation.
Before PETA activists have me shot, allow me to clarify that I don’t endorse cruelty to animals. I don’t see why haute couture demands the skinning of animals for superficial accoutrements. And guys who beat animals should be locked up. But it is the natural order of things to consume animals and it is inhuman to say otherwise. So let all carnivores join hands and say it aloud “Enforced vegetarianism is a gross violation of human rights! Let us eat what we want in peace”.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you completely. i hate the hypocrites who care more for their pets than fellow human beings. As they say in Vietnam, if it flies, crawls or walks, it can be eaten. A good carnivorous meal is bliss and can never be supressed by the moral police brigade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post!! We should start a forum advocating the rights of Carnivores such as us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't kill me now but I have a different point of view. I think everything can be taken to the extreme. This is where the imbalances start. I eat mostly vegetarian food. I do eat meat but I believe it is way over eaten all over the world. Humans have eaten meat forever, true. Some places in the world a vegetable would not grow so it's eat meat or die. Here's the thing though, it takes 5 acres of (meat) land to make the same amount of protein (plant) that could grow on 1 acre. Therefore more water, pesticides, herbicides, toxic fertilizers. Yes eat meat but slow down, demand it to be grown more humane and less toxic and eat lots of other things to balance it all out.
    Every second, one football field of rainforest is destroyed in order to produce 257 hamburgers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to have a balanced diet that includes meat and veggies. But I must confess that the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

    ReplyDelete